Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Windmill Palm's...the biz-nass end



A Windmill Palm is a cold hardy variety of Palm Tree which I have coveted for the last three years.  Unfortunately being a condo dweller, I am limited to a small balcony and they are usually quite large.  So when I spotted a modest sized one (about half as tall as my ceilings) I jumped at the chance to shell out for it. Fair warning - they are spendy, and not for the faint of heart (I cut my hand on one of the leaves).  However they are also incredibly beautiful, and give a mysterious-tropical-come hither vibe to a space.  Which exactly suits my goal of "relaxed moroccan in yellow repose" on the balcony. Yup, that just happened.

It's currently doing double duty - it's beautiful when I'm on the balcony, but it's exquisite against the bright white of my leather couch through the windows of my french doors.  Perfection. 

And yes - there maybe may have been some un-lady like mutterings after I cut my hand...but I'm telling you, SO worth it.  And really - I've cut myself on tape measure's, toaster's, you name it...I'm kind of legendary, so it's probably just me :) 

If you would like to find more information on how to care for these plants you can find it here

If you would like to take the plunge and purchase one go nuts

2 comments:

  1. You keep it inside of your apartment? I would like to find a plant that can thrive with no sun so I can keep it in my room. Any plants able to live off of electric light? My bio knowledge has fallen off a bit....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recommendation: Post comments automatically and moderate them after they are live. You can put automatically put comments with one or more links into moderation (most of spam has links).

    ReplyDelete