Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Walk on the Wildside in a fabulous dress...

Ah, yes..the JCrew Blakely dress. Totally, completely and utterly obsession worthy.  I have coveted it since the moment I layed eyes on it's understanded, yet elegant perfection. With just a touch of the wild it couldn't be more perfect.  I even love that she's not looking at the camera...and you know why - because she knows that you can't tear your eyes away from her.

Although I wasn't able to justify buying the dress for $200, I found something else to satisfy my need for subtle zebra stripes.  I happened to be on the West Elm site, and to my utter amazement spotted the dress in RUG form. Bravo West Elm.  They call it the "Safari Rug", it only comes in divine Ivory & Platinum, and it is precisely what I needed for my "dinning area".

I have adored the zebra rug look for a very long time, but didn't want a rug that even resembled a hide - as I don't support the practices through which these rugs are often created. Furthermore, traditional black and white was simply too harsh for my condo.  I have, how shall I put this,  a "lot of look" going on in the main living area of my condo...so I have to be careful.  This will bring in just enough WOW factor, with a touch of the unexpected.

Swoon indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment