Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword...


 

I am a big fan of small indulgences, and.....well, big indulgences too.  However in this case giving in to the beauty and charm of the designer version won't break the bank. Woo hoo!  :)  

A truly beautiful pen is a lovely little pick me up.  It's something that is very useful, but will also look exquisite sitting on your desk.  I'm also of the opinion that you will be less likely to loose a pen of this caliber, which is a huge plus.  And let's be honest - how many of us actually have a pen at the ready on our otherwise perfectly organized desk's? (sarcasm alert) Ready at a moments notice?! Yup, I didn't think so.  If you are anything like me, the cheapies are like sock's....I have no idea where they go, but they can't be trusted to stick around for very long. 

The gorgeous floral pink pen above is called the "Mumsie Pen" from Miss Lilly Pullitzer.  Doesn't it just disarm you immediately with it's sunny, utterly cheerful vibe? It makes me think of fresh bouquet's of Mum's and lemonade. This pen would do Charlotte York proud. It's unapologetically girly. LOVE.



Next up we have the incomparable Mr. Johnathon Adler.  Purveyor of all things "Happy Chic".  These pens are graphic HEAVEN.  Of course I went with the Green Greek Key Pen...I was helpless against it for obvious reasons.  These scream urban chic, Playful Avant Garde, and Zoey Deschanel.
 Last, but certainly not least....the classic Leather Pen, in to die for colors from Horchow. Complete with personalized monogram. Oddly the first thing that came to mind was the ever hateable Olivia Palermo...but hey, she does have great taste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment