Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Destiny Womack Painting: My Blue Paradise


I bought this within 6 minutes of laying eyes on it - sadly I kid you not. I've been looking for something to anchor the big blank wall in my living room - and I think I found it. 

The artist is Destiny Womack, and you can find the rest of her work for sale on Esty. She has captured the dream-y quality that I'm always so drawn to p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y. The piece portray's a moment of passion  and movement captured on canvas. The way the colors bleed together gives it a slightly reckless quality that is at once balanced by the restraint of a monochromatic palette. Dichotomy at it's best. I fell madly in love with several other pieces, but will alas have to wait until I live in a home with more walls to indulge.  

I was actually pleasantly surprised to find that Destiny's art was affordably priced. It's so refreshing when you come across gorgeous original art that is accessible. 

I discovered this artist through Laura's fabulous blog The DAYLIGHT



1 comment: