Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pablo Picasso "Main Aux Fleurs"




This definitely makes my list of favorite vintage finds of all time.  It is a framed and matted print of Pablo Picasso's Main Aux Fleurs".  I found it at the very back of the pile, completely unloved.  It was pretty dirty and had been marked down several times - so either people were too lazy to want to clean it up, or we have all lost our appreciation for art.  I sincerely hope it's the former.  As much as I love Picasso's most famous works - it's the simple drawings that get me.  Main Aux Fleurs actually rivals his Peace Dove - for the title of all time favorite.  There is something so organic, and genuine about their playful simplicity - especially because they are the work of such a visionary man.  As if he's almost mocking us.

The frame is a little bent up, and I thought about replacing it for a split second...but I've decided that it just adds to its charm.  And thusly it stays.

Vintage pieces are always more fun for me than new things.  They all have a story, and a path - which makes them mysterious. I also love that they are never perfect which somehow makes-them-perfect.

And hey, it certainly doesn't hurt that it only cost $7.99.

Cheers to that indeed.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment